The Regional Board
North East Scotland College Regional Board was established under the provisions of the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992.
The Regional Board comprises of representatives from industry, commerce and education, and benefits greatly from Members’ extensive expertise of business and public life together with practical experience in education and training. The private and public sectors are represented, as is the College’s Senior Management Team (by the Principal), teaching and support staff and the student body. The Board’s key functions are to:
- Set the strategic direction of the College
- Establish policies to guide the College’s progress in the agreed direction
- Allocate resources to enable the College to move in the correct direction and fulfill its aims and objectives
- Monitor performance and compliance
- Ensure accountability.
The Board must exercise its functions with a view to improving the economic and social well-being of the College’s region and have regard to skills, social and economic regeneration needs, and social cohesion and social inclusion issues in the locality.
The Regional Board is a charity, also known as North East Scotland College and registered as Scottish Charity No 21174.
The following documents will provide you with a better understanding of the role and purpose of the Regional Board:
To contact North East Scotland College's Regional Board, please write to:
The Regional Board
North East Scotland College
Aberdeen City Campus
Alternatively, you can contact:
Pauline May, Secretary to the Board
Telephone: 01224 612025
There are three Standing Committees operating within the North East Scotland College Regional Board:
- Human Resource Committee
- Finance and General Purposes Committee
- Learning & Teaching and Student Services Committee
Human Resource Committee
Finance and General Purposes Committee
Learning & Teaching and Student Services Committee
Senior Management Team
North East Scotland College's Regional Board is assisted by a Senior Management Team, which comprises:
- Liz McIntyre, Principal and Chief Executive
- Neil Cowie, Vice Principal Business Services
- John Davidson, Vice Principal Learning and Quality
- Roddy Scott, Vice Principal Finance