How to apply
Once an agreed MA pathway has been identified, you are ready to apply for a funded place at the College.
If you are still unsure about the right pathway then please contact the MA team, who will help you to determine the best option for you based on your aims and personal requirements.
The application process
Employers and trainees should complete the online application form together.
To be eligible, trainees must:
- meet the age criteria - the majority of our places are for individuals who are 16-19 although we have a limited number of places for those who are aged 19 or over
- be in full-time employment in a suitable job in their chosen field
- have the full support of their employer
You will need the following information to hand before you begin completing the online application form:
- Trainee’s National Insurance number
- Employer's name, address & telephone number
- Manager's name & telephone number
- Trainee’s school/college qualifications and school leaving certificate
- Trainee’s SQA Core Skills Profile certificate
You can apply for a Modern Apprenticeship by completing an online application form, which you can access using the 'Apply for a Modern Apprenticeship online' button. Once completed, this will be received by our Modern Apprenticeship Team who will then process your application.
What happens next?
Upon receipt your application will be considered by the relevant teaching team. Your eligibility for funding from Skills Development Scotland will then be checked. If you are a new employer to the College, a member of our staff will visit you to make sure that the job your apprentice will be doing fits the criteria for the vocational qualification.
Once a place can be offered on our Modern Apprenticeship programme you and your apprentice will be contacted to arrange for you both to sign the appropriate contract documents.
This process is likely to take up to 1-2 weeks.