This website (the "Site") is provided by The Board of Management of North East Scotland College, a body corporate constituted by and acting under the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992 and having its administrative centre at Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen AB25 1BN ("we" or "us").
By using this Site you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you
We collect information about you:
- if you register an account with us or otherwise provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc during the enrolment process); and
- from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the Site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Use of your information
We use your information:
- to enable us to supply you with the services (such as course content and materials) and information which you have requested;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of related information which may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with access to certain parts of our Site;
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to contact you for your views on our products and services.
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax, SMS, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
Disclosure of your information
A "cookie" is a small text file that attaches to the hard drive of your computer and remembers information about the configuration of your computer.
We use this information to track your movements through our Site, to find out how it is being used and to assess its usefulness. Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, you may be unable to use some of our on-line services.
Some third party services on our website may also set cookies if you specifically allow this.
Cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site, which is then used to help improve the site. The information collected includes the number of site visitors, where visitors come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Cookies used on www.nescol.ac.uk:
Expiration Time: 2 years
Description: Google Analytics - used to distinguish users.
Expiration Time: 10 minutes
Description: Google Analytics - used to throttle request rate.
Expiration Time: Session (expires on site exit)
Use of third party websites
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Site.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information then please contact us at:
North East Scotland College
Aberdeen City Campus
Aberdeen AB25 1BN
Telephone: 0300 330 5550