About the fund
The Scottish Government has recently confirmed the 2018/19 roll-out of the Flexible Development Workforce Fund (FDWF) which was piloted last year, and which is available to all Apprenticeship Levy-payers.
There are two important changes:
- Levy-payers can now access up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2018-19; an increase of £5,000 from 2017-18.
- Levy-payers can now nominate up to two of their supply chain companies to receive all or part of their allocation or can include supply chain company staff in training they have identified as a collective priority.
Start the conversation today to ensure you take advantage of this opportunity. Training must be contractually agreed by 31 July 2019 and must have started by 30 September 2019. The College will allocate funds on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can be accessed by an application process through Scotland’s regional colleges (NESCol in this area).
- The fund gives Levy-payers the opportunity to apply for up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2018/19 to help pay for training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce.
- Levy-payers may submit only one application to the fund within the application period (and only in one region)
- The fund can be used as a part-contribution towards training of a higher cost.
- Levy-payers can choose how to split the funding between the Levy-payer and one or two supply chain companies
- The supply chain companies involved should not be Levy-payers in their own right
- All training must be contractually agreed by 31 July 2019 and must have started by 30 September 2019
- The fund is not restricted to apprentices and is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland.
- The fund will not support any training required by law.
- This fund is for Levy-payers in Scotland. There is a separate arrangement for Levy-payers in England.
View some of the popular courses that were requested by employers last year – the prices for 2018-19 are still being finalised.
Get the ball rolling today!
Whether you are looking to take advantage of this funding to access existing College courses or to create something bespoke to your own requirements or that of your supply chain, please get in touch.
Contact email@example.com to arrange a meeting or discuss your requirements.