A new training fund for employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy - worth £10,000 - is now available.
About the fund
If you are an Apprenticeship Levy payer you can still take advantage of the new Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) introduced by the Scottish Government.
Employers paying the Levy can apply for up to £10,000 to help pay for employee training. The deadline for the fund has recently been extended so that all training must be contractually committed by the end of June 2018 so please begin the conversation today to ensure your application is agreed by this date.
- The fund gives Apprenticeship Levy-paying employers the opportunity to apply for up to a maximum of £10,000 in 2017/18 to help pay for training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce.
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can be accessed by an application process through Scotland’s regional colleges (NESCol in this area).
- Employers may submit only one application to the fund within the application period (and only in one region).
- A training needs analysis must be completed as part of the application process and the College can support employers with this. A sample template is provided to aid this exercise, or employers should feel free to complete their own analysis.
- The fund can be used as a part-contribution towards training of a higher cost.
- The fund is not restricted to apprentices and is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland.
- The fund will not support any training required by law.
The College will allocate funds on a first-come-first-served basis and more than half has now been committed, so please contact us quickly to ensure you don't miss out on the opportunity.
Whether you are looking to take advantage of this funding to access existing College courses or to create something bespoke to your own requirements, please get in touch. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting or discuss your requirements.
Contact and downloads
For more information, please contact:
Duncan Abernethy, Director of Business Development
Tel: +44 (0)1346 586140 (Fraserburgh Campus); +44 (0)1224 612333 (Aberdeen City Campus); +44 (0)7918 691668 (Mobile)