Creative Arts End of Year Show 2019
Friday, 21 June 2019
Creative Industries students at North East Scotland College’s Aberdeen City Campus have been taking part in their annual End of Year Show, which took place at the Campus on Aberdeen’s Gallowgate this week.
The private opening event on Tuesday 18 June attracted a large number of guests including friends, family, VIPs and representatives from local businesses and educational establishments. The highlight of the evening was the announcement of the Best Work on the Wall Award winners in categories including: Art & Design, Textiles, Visual Communication, Photography and 3D Computer Animation.
Awards were presented as follows:
- The Art and Design award, judged by Stephanie Walls and Sarah Ord from Aberdeen Arts Centre, went to Reagan Broadbent with Isla Davie being our Highly Commended winner.
- For Photography, Rachel Thibbotumunuwe from Aberdeen Art Gallery, selected the work of Geraldine McClure for the top prize with Highly Commended going to Alfredo Gangemi. Geraldine also won the Architectural Photography prize sponsored by Halliday Fraser Monro.
- Textiles was judged and awarded by Kirsten Hume and Sara Elliot from John Lewis. In this category, Highly Commended went to Jodie Lawson with the winner of Best Work on the Wall being named as Diane Shearer.
- Jaye Christie of Hampton Associates chose the winners from HND Visual Communication. The Highly Commended award went to Eilidh Smith and the winner of the Best Work on the Wall was Lisa Michalski.
- The final awards to be announced on the evening were for 3D Computer Animation. These were presented by Kamil Czerniakowski and Paul Rammage from AVC Immedia who chose Ranald Groves as the winner with the Highly Commended award going to Evan Miah.
Susan Betty, Director of Learning for the School of Creative Industries, Computing and Business Enterprise, said: “Once again the students produced a stunning selection of work with something for everyone to admire and enjoy - students and staff should be congratulated on their achievement. I would like to thank everyone who worked hard to make the show a success and also our distinguished panel of judges who have the unenviable task of deciding upon the winners.”